Signing contract

Recovering Damages for Medical Malpractice

Why You Need a Fort Lauderdale Medical Malpractice Lawyer

If you have suffered serious injury or illness at the hands of a negligent medical professional, or hospital you may be legally entitled to compensation. A medical malpractice attorney from our firm will review your case and help you determine the right course of legal action to take.

To schedule a free consultation with a member of the Malove Henratty, P.A. team, fill out a case evaluation form.

Compensatory Damages

Typically, compensatory damages are categorized in one of two ways – either as actual damages or as general damages. Actual damages are used to reimburse a victim for any out-of-pocket expenses and financial losses felt as a result of the medical mishap. Typically, plaintiffs receive actual damages for:

  • Medical bills and rehabilitation costs
  • Lost wages while out of work
  • Household and/or nursing costs, including purchases such as wheelchairs

In addition to actual damages, plaintiffs can also sue for general damages. These types of damages account for things that cannot be easily – or precisely – documented by a dollar amount. Examples include:

  • Bodily injury
  • Pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish experienced as a result of the injury or illness
  • Physical disfigurement resulting from the injury or illness
  • Permanency of the injury or illness
  • Loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life

Loss of consortium (benefits of a relationship) also fall under the category of general damages.

Contact Malove Henratty, P.A. for a Free Consultation

If you believe you have reason to file a medical malpractice claim in Florida, speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Our Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyers are here to help. Backed by more than 50 years of combined experience, we have the skills, knowledge, and statewide reputation needed to help you effectively seek damages for your injuries. We are ready to relentlessly pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.

We represent victims in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, and Palm Beach County. Contact us today.